1.30.2014

The Grumble Beast



I came across this article the other day while I was browsing the internet. It is a short, yet powerful article about how social media can bring out the grumble beast and can cause you to compare yourself to others. 

It was definitely an article I needed to hear. I often find myself comparing my life to someone else's life and coveting their things through their instagram pictures and facebook statuses assuming that they are living the dream. I forget to stop and think that most people only post the good on social media. No one likes to display the big, the bad, and the ugly parts of life. That's what makes it so easy to assume that other's live a perfect life. That's what makes it so easy to covet what other's have because I forget everything that I am blessed with. That is where contentment in Christ is so important.

This article is a fantastic reminder of how our contentment should be in Christ and not the things of this world. The article gives you a list of seven things you can do when social media tempts you to compare or complain. Make sure to check it out. It is worth the five minutes it takes to read. Let me know what you think about it.

No comments:

Post a Comment