4.23.2015

Week 40


week: fourty

fruit size of baby:  watermelon

cravings: lemons or anything lemon, pineapple, anything really cold - smoothies, ice cream, ice water, etc.

aversions: don't really have any aversions, but preferring to eat more bland foods lately.

weight gain: 30 pounds

exercise: making myself take longer walks one or two times a day. also walking the stairs at our building and at work.

sleep: thankfully i'm getting restful sleep still. i wake up to use the restroom or readjust, but i fall back asleep pretty quickly and wake in the am feeling rested.

belly: about to pop and full of stretch marks. it amazes me that it continues to grow. also very very itchy lately to the point of lotion not even being a relief

clothes: squeezing into what maternity clothes still fit over my belly for work and wearing andrew's clothes on the weekends. my bright orange tennis shoes are still the only shoes that fit me too.

movement: not quite as active lately, but i don't blame her as i'm sure it's cramped in there. she still pokes out body parts here and there and gives my ribs a kick or two.

genderwe are having a baby girl and we are both so excited to meet her!

nameswe have our "hospital list" that consists of three names. we will choose her name when we meet her.

worries: having to be induced because of going way over-due. having a long, hard labor and not being able to do it naturally without drugs - mostly fear of the unknown. 

what i love: knowing that i reached our "due date" and it could be a matter of days/hours that i go into labor. we are so anxious to meet her!

what i am looking forward to: being able to bend at the waist, wear normal clothes, walk without waddling, not itch everywhere, but most of all hold little lady in our arms!

milestones: making it to 40 weeks! you can come any day now little lady!

best moment of the week: going to my appointments and making progress each week. at my 39 week appointment i was dilated 1 cm and 50% effaced. at my 40 week appointment i was dilated 3 cm and 80% effaced. We are getting close!

amusing comments from the general public: a random woman asked me when i'm due. i told her i was due yesterday. she looked at my stomach and asked if i was having twins. i told her just one as far as i'm aware. she then proceeded to tell me that there has to be something medically wrong if i only have one baby in my stomach... 

baby mama drama: thinking i'm in labor only to have my cramps and contractions stop until the next day.

No comments:

Post a Comment