11.20.2012

The Holidays



The past few days I have been oozing with excitement and anticipation. I feel like a little kid again, giddy at the sight of decorations and planning. My favorite time of year is here and I cannot wait! This is what I am excited for:

Thanksgiving and the delicious meal(s).
Seeing and spending time with family we don't see as often.
Relaxing up north all of Thanksgiving weekend.
Watching Macy's Thanksgiving Day Parade Thanksgiving morning.
Decorating for Christmas.
Listening to my much anticipated Christmas music.
Snow. The beautiful, softly falling kind that makes you feel like you're in a movie.
Watching endless Christmas movies.
Ice skating dates with Drew at Centennial Lakes, one of the most romantic places this time of year.
Decorating a gingerbread house with Drew.
Making yummy Christmas cookies and swapping them with others.
Traditions, old and new.
Buying and wrapping gifts.
Holiday parties with friends and family.
Christmas lights galore as you walk or drive down the street.
The freezing cold Holidazzle Parade.
Warm holiday drinks.
Cold nights cuddling under the blankets.
Crafts, creating, and more crafts.
Christmas lists.
Holiday cheer and holiday spirit.
Decorated malls playing Christmas music and bursting with hustling Christmas shoppers.
Our African nativity scene (one of my favorite Christmas gifts).
Lovely smelling candles lit in the evenings.
The celebration of Jesus' birth.
Bethlehem's midnight Christmas Eve service.
Waking up Christmas morning and exchanging gifts with Drew.
Mine and Drew's two-year wedding anniversary.

I'm sure I haven't even listed everything. I'm so overwhelmed with all my excitement. Through all the hustle and bustle though, it is very important to remember the real reason for the season- The birth of our Savior Jesus Christ. I hope you all enjoy your Thanksgiving and holiday season, and your time with family and friends. 

1 comment: