11.28.2012

A Full Heart

What a lovely Thanksgiving holiday we had. As much as I love Christmas, I love that we have this extra week of November to savor the holiday where we reflect and give thanks. I have been doing just that too.

I have learned that a thankful attitude is very important in life. When you have a thankful attitude, you can look up with a grateful heart and get glimpses of glory and what is waiting for us in heaven one day. Thankfulness is a language of love that allows you to communicate intimately with our Lord. A thankful mind-set does not deny reality or any of the problems that come along with that. Instead, it rejoices in the Lord, my Savior, in the mists of trials and tribulations. And let the peace of Christ rule in your hearts, to which indeed you were called in one body. And be thankful. -Colossians 3:15 I give my God thanks regardless of my feelings, and he gives me joy regardless of my circumstances. 

Thankfulness opens my heart to His presence and my mind to His thoughts. When I thank the Lord frequently as I journey through my day, it makes it more possible to pray without ceasing. The apostle Paul taught that if I am serious about learning to pray continually, the best approach is to thank the Lord in every situation. These prayers of thanks provide a solid foundation on which I can build all my other prayers. Rejoice always, pray without ceasing, give thanks in all circumstances; for this is the will of God in Christ Jesus for you. -1 Thessalonians 5:16-18 A grateful attitude also makes it easier for me to communicate with God. If I practice thankfulness consistently, negative thought patterns will gradually grow weaker and weaker.

Each day is a blessing from the Lord and we need to rejoice in each day that He gives us. This is the day that the Lord has made; let us rejoice and be glad in it. -Psalm 118:24 I want to strive to pray without ceasing and give thanks to the Lord every day. I want to be able to walk through my darkest days with joy in my heart because I know that the light of the Lord's presence is still shining on me. I want thankfulness to rule in my heart.

What a perfect thing to take away from a lovely holiday weekend. A true feeling of thankfulness and heart that feels full!

Enter his gates with thanksgiving, and his courts with praise! Give thanks to him; bless his name! For the Lord is good; his steadfast love endures forever, and his faithfulness to all generations. -Psalm 100:4-5


2 comments:

  1. so true.
    love this post & love your picture.

    just realized today that i was not following your blog!
    so, now i am happy to say i am excited to officially be your follower!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Talia! I'm so happy to have you as a follower!

      Delete