8.07.2012

A Fairytale Wedding

I had the privilege of being in one of my best friend's wedding this past weekend and it was one of the most beautiful weddings I have been to. Not only was Mark and Amanda's love radiating for all to witness, but the location of the reception was in Hills, MN, in Amanda's parent's pole barn they just built. It was breathtakingly beautiful! When I was first told that the reception would be held on the Tilstra farm I expected more of a barn, hay bale, cowboy type theme. This wedding had a completely different feel.  Amanda had us wearing black dresses, red shoes, red accessories, we carried red roses, and the decor made me feel like I was in a fairy tale the way the many lights draped the pole barn along the walls and ceiling. The night even ended with fireworks. It was a beautiful day to celebrate Mark and Amanda.

Since the wedding was in Hills, MN (4 hours away from Minneapolis) I ventured down on Friday and stayed at the Tilstra farm until Sunday. I was able to help decorate the church, see the tri-state marker, climb some hay bales, spend some much needed time with dear friends, celebrate a beautiful love and new marriage, hug windmills, four wheel, and enjoy the open country. On the way home on Sunday, Mike, Becky, and I stopped at Minnesota's largest candy store. It was so overwhelming! There was every kind of candy you can think of plus a huge selection of soda in a glass bottle. It was a fantastic weekend! Here are some photos of my adventures:

Beautiful sunset down a country road.

Here is the tri-state marker. It marks where the state lines for Iowa, South Dakota, and Minnesota all meet. So, technically I was in three states at once! This is my friend Nina in the picture with me. She was another one of Amanda's bridesmaids.

This photo is tradition. Every time I visit the tri-state marker, I hug it and take a picture.

Kelsey, Becky, and me being a trio around the tri-state marker.

Beautiful sunset on the way to the farm that night.

Loved the flowers with the red shoes and how they popped on the black dresses.



The beautiful bride hanging out before the walk down the aisle. 

Amanda with all of her bridesmaids.

At the reception Becky and I climbed the hay bales.


As if we weren't high enough already, Becky made me get on her shoulders… nothing like conquering my fear of heights.

On top of the hay bale stack.

The view was so beautiful!

The sunset on top of the hay bale stack.


Another lovely country sunset the night of the wedding. I love that you can see all the barn silhouettes.

The fireworks at the end of night that were lit off to send off Mark and Amanda. I could not get a good picture - they were so much more beautiful and bigger in person.

The beautiful country view on my four wheeler ride.


I seriously love windmills. This is my favorite shot I got.

Just a small taste of the huge candy selection.

The store had a licorice section.

Just one of many soda walls

The building was bright yellow and very hard to miss.

It was a ginormous building!

I wish I would have gotten more shots of the wedding/reception because it was so beautiful, but I was having too much fun shaking it on the dance floor. Mark and Amanda, the love you guys have for each other is beautiful. I pray that you two will never loose that and that you will carry it with you many years into marriage. Thank you so much for letting me be a part of your lovely day! 

No comments:

Post a Comment