8.08.2012

Conny's Creamy Cone


I can officially cross Conny's Creamy Cone off my list of ice cream places to visit this summer.  (I have a list of ice cream places I want to visit. I wrote about that here.) I was able to visit there the other day with Andrew, a good friend, Laura and her baby, Audrey. We had gone to the Como Zoo and realized it was a lot hotter than we thought that day. Conny's Creamy Cone happens to be located right by Como Zoo so why not get some ice cream? I tried a snickers flurry with a touch of hot fudge and it was pretty dang good. A flurry is basically like a blizzard from DQ. I thought the flurry was way better than a DQ blizzard, but it wasn't my favorite ice cream place I've ever been to. 

Conny's Creamy Cone is located in St. Paul and is named the "sweetest place in the neighborhood." It stands out on the corner of a St. Paul neighborhood with a big cone on the roof, and their soft serve ice cream stands out with more than 24 flavors. Conny's Creamy Cone owner Conny McCullough blends more than 24 flavors with her creamy soft serve (including cotton candy, peanut butter and key lime) right in the little 1950's shack. The shop gets a lot of neighborhood support but people come from all over and plan their calendars around when this corner shop opens. Not only do they have soft serve, but they have hot dogs, burgers, and other meals, and we can't forget the great cheese curds. The top sellers for the soft serve ice cream are pistachio, black cherry, and tutti fruity.

The cute little shack on the corner.

My snickers flurry

Audrey and Andrew

Here's a better shot of the big cone on top of the little shack.

So here's my list with Conny's Creamy Cone crossed off. Between the two I've officially tried on this list, so far HomeTown Creamery is in the lead. Have any of you gotten a chance to try any on the list?

1. Adele's Frozen Custard in Excelsior
2. Conny's Creamy Cone in St. Paul
3. Edina Creamery in Edina
4. Grand Ole Creamery in St. Paul
5. HomeTown Creamery in North St. Paul
6. Izzy's Ice Cream in St. Paul
7. Pumphouse Creamery in Minneapolis
8. Sebastian Joe's in Minneapolis
9. Crema Cafe in Minneapolis

No comments:

Post a Comment