8.01.2012

July

Well the month of July sure flew by!  I had intentions of blogging at least once every week, but apparently that didn't happen.  Today is August first and with the first of the month comes a new start.  I will be better about blogging in August.  Here is a recap in pictures of what I did in July:

I shaved Andrew's head to start out the hot month of July.  For those of you that don't know Andrew this is a big deal.  He's always had long hair, hated hair cuts, and he's only shaved his head two other times in his 23 years of life.

I think he looks handsome with long or short hair.

We celebrated the 4th of July by watching fireworks from the roof of our apartment building… One of the perks of being the managers.  The fireworks were phenomenal!  We could see them everywhere we looked! (Unfortunately I didn't get a picture of one going off)

We went up north the first full weekend in July to celebrate the 4th with Andrew's aunts and uncles.

I caught a mouse while we were up north.

We checked up on Andrew's parent's house while they were on a missions trip in Ireland.  This is a photo of Andrew watering the plants.

I got a new summer hat.

I attended the 2012 Monticello Royalty banquet.  My mom and I are both past Monticello princesses.

I did some wedding hair

We celebrated the new marriage of some friends.

I met Captain Jack Sparrow

My Queen Kristine and I were nostalgic and watched the new 2012-2013 Monticello Royalty get crowned.  I can't believe we were getting crowned 5 years ago already! 

We had some lovely thunderstorms in July


Leo and I took advantage of the shade at the park quite a bit this month.

I celebrated the life of a dear friend when he went home to meet his Father.

This was the beautiful sunset the night of Derek's wake.

We got some ice cream with friends at Hometown Creamery (more on this later).

We hung out with Audrey, Luke, and Laura as much as we could before Luke left for training.

A rainy July morning

Here is Lake Harriet where I love to go on morning runs.  I started lifting weights in July, running at least three times a week and eating healthier.  I have more energy, I feel healthier, and my body is becoming toned.

We went up north again just this last weekend in July for some family time with Andrew's family, grandparents, aunts, uncles, and cousins.  We visited Paul Bunyan land long enough for me to take a picture with Babe.

I took Leo swimming in the pool for the first time yesterday to end the hot month of July on a good note.

He was more interested in the duck than the water.

I hope everyone was able to stay cool during the hot spells we had in July.  I can't believe it's already August!  Part of me is ready for the fall, but the other part doesn't want it to come.  With the fall comes big changes for Andrew and I (more on that later).  I hope you all enjoy your last month of summer!




No comments:

Post a Comment