9.04.2012

A Look Into Our Fall

God has really been stretching me and my husband lately. All of the plans we had for ourselves for the fall, were not the plans the Lord had for us. We had a really busy summer with our apartment management job, and we both feel that the season of being an apartment manager is coming to a close. The Lord has made it clear though that we are not finished there, so we will patiently wait on Him.

Andrew spent the summer washing and staining decks for his uncle's company, Deck Works, and doing maintenance in our apartment building. He spent the evenings after a long days work in the sun and heat, applying to schools around the city and suburbs to be a teacher for any open position in the fall. I spent the summer nannying little Leo and up-keeping our apartment building and doing apartment management duties. We both spent the summer waiting for Andrew to get a job so we could look at apartments to rent in whatever area he got placed. I waited to find another job for the fall (aside from watching Leo two days a week) in whatever area we moved to… We are still waiting.

The Lord clearly has a different plan for us this fall. Andrew is still applying like mad to schools that have last minute openings or long term sub positions. He is also set to be a sub in 6 or 8 different districts around the cities and suburbs. I am continuing to watch Leo two days a week and work the other days at Salon Centric in Richfield. We are both still managing the apartment too. Thankfully that has died down quite a bit for the fall. We currently have no openings and there hasn't been a huge need for maintenance (thank you Jesus).

We are just waiting on the Lord in this season of our lives, and will continue to wait on Him for whatever he has planned for us in the future. Part of me feels unsettled and part of me wants to skip ahead to the day where we (Lord willing) have a house, job security, and maybe a baby on the way. But, another part of me feels contentment and such peace in this season, and I know that is coming from the Lord. I don't feel the financial stress like I know I usually would with Andrew's job uncertainty, and life as it is now is sort of an adventure. We never know what's going to happen next and that's very exciting in a way.

I just pray that the Lord continues to give us patience during this season. We have a lot to be thankful for:
each other
two functional cars
a place to live rent free
food in our cupboards
supportive family and friends
clothes in our closet
new grace and mercies every day
a faithful God



Trust in the Lord with all your heart, and do not lean on your own understanding. In all your ways acknowledge Him and He will make your paths straight. -Proverbs 3:5-6

For I know the plans I have for you, declares the Lord, plans for welfare and not for evil, to give you a future and a hope. -Jeremiah 29:11


2 comments:

  1. Praying for you both. Love those verses. Thanks for sharing this!!

    ReplyDelete