9.25.2012

Pumpkin Muffins

These are one of my absolute favorite fall treats! With the cooler weather we've been having, I've been dying to make some kind of comfort food or some kind of fall treat. Why not just make my favorite fall pumpkin muffins? I hung out with a good friend, Sarah, on Friday night and we were able to enjoy these yummy muffins together. It's a super easy recipe and they turn out so well every time! Here's what you do:

Gather all of the ingredients:
1 box of yellow cake mix (do not follow directions on back of box)
1 15oz can of pumpkin
1 bag of mini chocolate chips
Nutmeg
Cinnamon
Foil muffin liners

Ingredients
Preheat your oven to 350 degrees and place your tinfoil muffin liners in your muffin pan. (I swear you need the tinfoil muffin liners. I tried to use the regular ones one time and it was a disaster.)

Mix all of the ingredients:
Mix together the whole box of cake mix, whole can of pumpkin, and the whole bag of chocolate chips in a medium size bowl. The original recipe that I got for these muffins had just these ingredients, but I've found that it enhances the fall taste if you add in some cinnamon and nutmeg. You can add as much or as little as you'd like. 

Yummy!
Once everything is evenly mixed together, fill the muffin liners evenly with the mix and place the pan in the preheated oven for 15 minutes. Sometimes it's hard to tell if these are done or not since the toothpick method doesn't work. Since there are no eggs it's ok to eat them with a little gooeyness in the middle. Fifteen minutes should cook them through though.

Almost done!
Once they are done, take them out and let them cool for a few minutes and enjoy them while they're warm! I make these multiple times in fall because they are the perfect fix for a fall treat craving. Let me know what you guys think! Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment