4.24.2013

Life Update



It has been awhile since I've updated you all on our life. Here's a glimpse at what we're up to and what God has been doing in our life:

Andrew and I still live in Minneapolis, MN in our first apartment we've lived in since being married. We are still the property managers of this apartment building, and Andrew has become an expert at shoveling and other maintenance work. Thankfully our building has been pretty quiet the last 9 months with only one turnover. The Lord knew we needed rest after our crazy busy summer season in 2012. 

I still have the privilege of nannying sweet little Leo two days a week. I look forward to seeing him every week and enjoy having variety in my work schedule. I am excited for late July/early August when Leo will become a big brother and I will become a nanny of two little tykes. I can't wait for little baby snuggles again! 

Drew is busy subbing every day he can get a job as the school year is quickly coming to an end. This is what has kept him busy the last year as he's been searching and patiently waiting on the Lord's perfect timing for a job. 

Salon Centric (or "the store" is what I often call it) is my place of work I spend 4 days a week. I have been there since the first day of September. I have a love hate relationship with this job, but in the end, the good always outweighs the bad. I love the fast paced environment, the endless tasks, the knowledge and constant learning that comes with this job, the perks (discounts/free product), and most of all, the customers. I often look forward to the days I'm at the store. Especially now that I have such a great group of girls to work with! I also love that it's in my field (Cosmetology) since my eczema makes it very difficult for me to work in a salon. 

Drew is coaching attempting to coach baseball this spring as the season hasn't really graced us with its presence yet. He is coaching for Mound-Westonka B-Squad and the JV team. They have practiced outside once so far this season and every game has been cancelled. As soon as the snow completely melts his nights will be full of baseball game after baseball game. 

I have entered busy season of doing wedding hair on the weekends. My summer is booking up nicely. This is one thing I look forward to every summer. I love wedding season and doing wedding hair. I have at least one wedding a month (since March) and multiple weddings in June and July. I am so thankful for clients and the opportunity to use my skills and passion that the Lord has blessed me with.

In 15 days we leave to go on our first vacation as a married couple (minus our honeymoon). We are going to Playa Del Carmen, Mexico and we cannot wait. Our good friends Karla and TJ will be going with us which will make it all the more fun. It will be so nice to leave behind life for five days and just relax and soak up some much needed vitamin D. We are so pumped!

Drew is also coaching VFW baseball this summer too out of Mound. He will be coaching a lot of the guys he is coaching this spring. Not only is that a passion of his, but he gets paid to do it. I'm looking forward to watching him coach and set an example for his baseball boys that look up to him. He is also playing in a softball league on Friday nights. I can't wait to cheer him on!

BIGGEST NEWS YET: Andrew got a full-time job for the summer! He will be working in the Mound district at a summer program for elementary aged kids. He will basically be a lead "teacher" and is in charge of planning their field trips they will take once a week. This was such an answer to prayer for us. Not only is it a job for Andrew that he will enjoy, but it is a great resume builder and will hopefully help (Lord willing) open some doors for jobs in the fall.

Some of the things God has been teaching us in this season of life is patience and trust. It was so hard for Andrew to go a year and a half without a consistent job. There were many times when we had to use every ounce of strength we could to trust that this was all in God's good plan for us and that he would use it to help grow and shape us. And that is exactly what He has been doing. 

The Lord has continually shown us grace and mercy and has constantly provided for us. He has shown us that we are so young still and we do not need to have our life planned out. There are so many more adventures that lay ahead and we have all the time in the world to experience them. He has shown us how essential it is to trust Him with our life and to seek Him in everything we do. It is a very scary thing because we automatically try to control things and we have to let go of that, but life is so much more simple and beautiful when we trust God to take the reigns. 

Drew and I have no idea what the fall holds for us. We don't know where we will be or what we will be doing, but if we put the fear of that behind us it's kind of exciting. The Lord has an adventure planned for us and He is waiting for just the right time to reveal it. In the mean time, we would appreciate any prayers for continued patience and trust. It is nothing that we have mastered, it is something we have to work at every day. Thank you so much friends! 




No comments:

Post a Comment