4.30.2013

Time, Energy, and Joy

"When some basic need is lacking- time, energy, money- consider yourself blessed. Your very lack is an opportunity to latch onto Me in unashamed dependence. When you begin a day with inadequate resources, you must concentrate your efforts on the present moment. This is where you are meant to live- in the present; it is the place where I always await you. Awareness of your inadequacy is a rich blessing, training you to rely wholeheartedly on Me. 
The truth is that self-sufficiency is a myth perpetuated by pride and temporary success. Health and wealth can disappear instantly, as can life itself. Rejoice in your insufficiency, knowing that My power is made perfect in weakness

-Taken from my devotional Jesus Calling by Sarah Young


Life this last week has felt rushed, tiresome, money lacking, and unenjoyable. I totally needed to read this today in my devotional book (which is amazing by the way and so encouraging. You should check it out!) and the Lord knew it. How thankful I am to have a Savior to latch onto in dependence- especially in times like this last week. I have been trying to cram too much into too little of time thinking to myself that I can do it- like everything is just magically going to go my way. I have wasted a lot of time and energy and it has been very unenjoyable. I'm thankful to have a God though that will humble me and help lead me back onto my path I have stumbled off of in my prideful moments. What a lovely reminder to live in the present and enjoy every moment. 

 But he said to me, "My grace is sufficient for you, for my power is made perfect in weakness." Therefore I will boast all the more gladly of my weakness, so that the power of Christ may rest upon me. 
-2 Corinthians 12:9

No comments:

Post a Comment